Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Welcome!

Hello folks. This is the first of many “MSBC Director’s Corners,” where myself and your faculty will post musings that may or may not be related to business continuity. It is a moment to take a break from rolling back the frontiers of ignorance to connect with one another and Norwich University—your soon-to-be-alma mater.

I also invite you, the student, to contribute articles for this column. My motto is “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth getting someone else to do it for you,” and I live by this motto.

You will also notice a Student Bio section where we profile a student in the MSBC program each week. I’ve posted my own profile just to get the ball rolling.

I would also like to remind you to sign up for the cleverly named “NUMSBC” Yahoo group (I thought of that name myself) if you have not done so already. This is a place to share information about the profession, ask questions of one another, post assignments that you think that others will find helpful (more on that later), and get help elevating your papers and research to publication levels.

We have also created an MSBC Facebook page to share photos and updates on events in your life. Did you have a child? Share it. Got a new job? Share it. Just had the remainder of your sentence commuted? Share it.

So please sign up for both of these today.

In the meantime, I will be ending each of my Director’s Corners with a trivia question. The first person to respond to me by email with the correct answer will get the coveted 4 volume musical set: 100 Songs about Business Continuity, including the Springsteen hit “Born to do BIA.”

So here’s the question: What is Vermont’s “Northeast Kingdom?”

Good luck,

John
jorlando@norwich.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment